Can Discourse accept attachments when using emails to create new category topics?

I am using the “Configure incoming email to create new topics” feature.

We have everything working as we want: we can use Discourse to receive and reply to our support emails. However, sometimes uses send attachments with support emails. These are not attached to the topic.

Is it possible for Discourse to receive attachments?

1 Like

hmmm there are a few settings you may want to look at:

"The image features a robot arm holding a metal object in a factory setting."  (Captioned by AI)

Also perhaps this one:

might be some helpful info in this topic:

1 Like

Seems like that is possible, but may not always work depending on kind of attachment and settings.

Have you run any tests to check if some/any attachments can be successfully processed by the discourse mail-receiver?

One challenge I’ve had is trying to forward newsletter e-mails in to discourse, which can have a lot of embedded attachments/links, but the system automatically clips out what is being forwarded haven’t got that to work correctly.

Hello all,

Thanks so much. My coincidence the first email had .mov attachment which is not enabled so it was blocked. I had assumed that all attachments were blocked.

Do you know if is possible to reject attachments over a specified size?

Or maybe this is better done in the mail client

1 Like

Did you try this?

2 Likes

Thank you Lilly, it’s a bit overwhelming all the options.

2 Likes

Yes it is, as well as uploading through the U.I. not just e-mail. There are default limits set in the admin settings that can be adjusted. Those only work up to a certain amount, to increase them past a certain level must be done through command line script.

Here is topic where found that out by:

Guide:

1 Like