Can I view Trust level 3 progress?

I wonder why I still don’t have Trust Level 3.

Is there a way I (or the admin) can check my progress?

1 Like

Hi Aron,

The screenshot you posted is not from Meta, right?
I’d reach out to the admins of the relevant community and ask them, since the requirements for TL3 can be different across Discourse instances. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, found it in my community

May I ask, what’s meant by topics viewed (all time)?

2 Likes

it’s how many topics you have read during your time as a registered user on the specific community.

4 Likes

so what’s the difference between the number of topics viewed in the two screenshots I shared? The first indicates 206, the second shows 160.

1 Like

Ah yes, the count on the summary page is a simpler model than the TL one. So the numbers can differ a bit.
The summary also counts PMs, deleted topics etc.

3 Likes

Apparently, I can’t create tags after being promoted to Trust Level 3. What might be the problem?

By the way, what does it means to unlock trust level? When I am upgraded to level 3, I get locked. When the trust level is unlocked, I go back to level 2.

Hi Aron,

I’m confused, are you the admin of this community?

Otherwise you really need to ask the admin what their required settings are for creating tags :slight_smile:

Locking a trust level means that instead of the automatic process to grant a TL. This is how you can be TL3 without qualifying according to the rules of the community.
Unlocking it will revert back to the automated process (which will thus bump you back down to TL2).

3 Likes

Hi, sorry for the confusion. My boss is the admin and wanted to promote me to TL3 with the objective of creating tags, etc.

Right, got it!

Ask your boss what TL requirement they have set for the tagging permission :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While I have been manually promoted to regular, my top badge under user still shows member, why is that?

He has already set the minimum reguirement to create tags to TL3, but I still don’t have permission to create tags.

Ah, it could be that you are caught in a small update that changed this specific setting!

So perhaps you could ask your boss to take a look at the settings and search for " create tag allowed groups"?

4 Likes

He couldn’t find the " create tag allowed groups". Is that only available for version 3.2? we are still on version 3.1.

What’s more confusing is that I got a message that I have been promoted to Trust Level 3, but my user profile is still showing “member”. So I don’t know which priviledges I now have.

Hiya Aron :wave:

To see what TL you are at find the part I underlined in red on your account in the other forum. The badges can take a while to update.

Nope. Its definitely available on 3.1

Ask your boss to look here /admin/site_settings/category/tags. If they scroll down they will find the setting.

2 Likes

It may also be worth the admin checking if there are any tag restrictions in that category, as that could prevent the creation of new tags on topics created in them.

Thank you. This was helpful.

Ask your boss to change your trust level. If he wants you to be TL3, he can just change it on your admin user page and none of the requirements matter.

1 Like