Can not change logo on latest build

Version: 40183080d9

When trying to change any logo, I get the following error:

undefined method `calculate_dominant_color!' for #

1 Like

Seems related to the placeholder changes @david

2 Likes

@MarcP Iā€™m not able to reproduce this error on my site. Can you confirm exactly which buttons youā€™re pressing in the admin UI? Also, can you share the entire error message, plus the content of the ā€˜backtraceā€™ tab.

Settings > Search: ā€œLogoā€ > Drag or upload a logo to any logo type (tried multiple) > popup with the error above.

For this error, somehow there is nothing in backtrace.

However, I see some errors, related to hotlinked images in posts but unrelated to the actions I did when uploading:

Most recent log is AM time, while Iā€™m in PM time now.

The error message is very strange - I canā€™t see how that would happen in a regular Discourse installation. The version hash you quoted is from before the calculate_dominant_color! feature was introduced.

I suspect you either have a partially-applied update, or there is some third-party plugin installed which is modifying the code.

Could you try updating to the latest version? And if that doesnā€™t work, could you share a list of your plugins here?

2 Likes

After doing a rebuild (I did the previous update last night with UI) - it seems to be working as it should again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 11 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.