Can't change "default locale"

Changing the default locale setting currently does nothing, as it does not save. Tested on Meta and Try.

• Change language
  • Hit save
  • Refresh page: Language is still English (or, I’m assuming, whatever was the default language before this regression)

Edit: hmmm, seems it’s not quite as simple as I described it because language got changed on Meta now, but in settings it says it’s still English… I can change it to any language except English, because the interface insists that this is the current language in use.

4 Likes

Probably either @joffreyjaffeux (select changes) or @tgxworld (Rails 5.1 changes)

It’s not using the new select and I tried on the 5.1 branch and couldn’t reproduce with my local setup, will need more investigation.

3 Likes

Then you will need to check with @tgxworld

I’ve just installed Discourse and I’m having the same issue

@erlend_sh Can you try again? It is fixed in

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/07bfe3d053814c5691652a5eda9142a86968d510

6 Likes

Seems fine now! Language is changed immediately upon refresh and the language selector does not get stuck on the previous default locale.

For some reason I had to do a “Empty cache and hard reload” to get the new locale to kick in in incognito mode, but that’s probably just a Chrome quirk.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.