Can't change (multiple) users' emails any more

I have a couple of users whiose emails have been bouncing for a while. Since I happen to know their active emails, I went ahead as admin and changed their email address via their account settings. It worked fine for two of them (I clicked “show email”, then clicked the edit :pencil2:, entered the new email address, saved, and got a message that a verification email has been sent.) but with the remaining few, clicking on the edit :pencil2: immediately generates the message about the verification email having been sent (but according to the logs, no email has been sent). Never mind the faulty message, but I can’t edit the email field any more… Not sure, but this looks like a bug to me.

BTW, I am aware that I can change their email address via CLI without verification, but at this point I prefer them actually confirming the new email.

1 Like

Yes, This went away about 3 months ago. I’d like to be able to edit user emails from the UX again (I’m surprised how many people can’t spell their own names, or “gmail”.)

1 Like

@nbianca if you can reproduce, can you make sure we clear the “state” once the verification email has been sent?

2 Likes

Fixed by

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/6316

2 Likes