Can't delete the "about this category" topics

(Marco) #1

When I select a topic to delete it, this argument is not cleared immediately.
Why?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Sorry, I don’t understand what you are trying to say?

(Marco) #3

When I try to delete a thread:

the thread remains and can not be erased…

(Marco) #4

Nothing, I can not remove them and do not understand why…

(Mittineague) #5

Every Category must have the “About the ____ Category” topic.
These can not be deleted

But they should, and in fact need to be, Edited to a brief definition of the category.

(Marco) #6

I do not like that you can not delete.
This way you have to write forced topic.

(cpradio) #7

Those forced topics are where the Category Description lie. Which is also why your users can’t see any categories, because you haven’t edited this topics that can’t be deleted.

(Mittineague) #8

Similar to the problems some have had trying to delete seeded Categories, I’m thinking a change in the UI indicating that the About topics can not be deleted would help prevent misunderstanding how these work. eg. Some Threads, No Reply Buttons for Users

(Marco) #9

Ok, I have realized that they can not be erased…
And if not edit, the category is not seen.

I do not like this thing.
You have to give a chance to eliminate these threads, or not include them in the creation of a category.

(Sam Saffron) #10

Unpin it, and if you insist make it unlisted. Hover on a category, you will see some text, that text comes from your category description topic.

(Mittineague) #11

Well, ideally category titles would be self-explanatory and not need descriptions.
But if some members have trouble understanding sentences I fear they would have even more trouble understanding one word titles.

I have not tried it, but what happens if you create a topic in the newly created category. Problem with forum view

Until you edit this text or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page