Can't install on my main domain, what's wrong?

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble getting my new domain, futuredoctor.ai, to work with Discourse. I have been searching for a solution for a few hours now, but unfortunately, I haven’t had any luck so far.

I have installed Discourse on this domain using the Docker installation method, which I have successfully used around 20 times for different websites I own. However, even though the installation process completed without any errors and the website should be up and running, when I navigate to the domain, I see nothing.

This is the first time I am trying to install Discourse on a main domain rather than a subdomain, and it seems to be causing issues. I would really appreciate any help or advice on how to get this up and running. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

2 Likes

Have you seen this guide? The short version is that not all DNS providers can host Discourse on an apex domain.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response!

I can confirm that I am using CloudFlare, which is included on the list of supported DNS providers for Discourse. However, I am uncertain about the steps I should take next.

It seems like this option should be automatic in CloudFlare, but it doesn’t seem to happen.

3 Likes

Disable the proxy function in Cloudflare. Caused me endless issues. With Discourse, use Cloudflare for DNS only and LE for https

2 Likes

Thank you, I initially did it as well, always do it, unfortunately it didn’t work, so I decided to host it on a sub. Thank yo!

1 Like