Category on private message

(jj11909) #1

I know this had been discussed before but I needed to see if this was going to be implemented.

We have a need to have a category on a private message to determine if private messages are marked solved, etc within a specific category.

(Republic Wireless) #2

I think PM tagging is coming to Discourse:

That could work or you could set up groups since they act as categories(inboxes) for PMs. Then you could have PMs move from inbox to inbox.

I think the tagging or even some type of Solved/unsolved extension of the plugin for PMs would serve you well.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

I was excited to notice yesterday that if you edit a PM’s OP, you can now add tags. There doesn’t seem to be any other UI yet but work on tagging of PMs seems to be underway. :rocket:

(jj11909) #4

@Sean_R

I didn’t think about tags in that sense. That could very well work for what we are doing.

My primary concern is I need to ensure that however I implement can be combined with the
solved plugin.

This could be quite interesting.

(Vinoth Kannan) #5

Yes @tobiaseigen, it may available sooner PR #5610 :wink:

But the UI you mentioned is a bug. Anyway it will be fixed by the above PR itself.

(Tobias Eigen) #6

yes - between group inboxes, tags, assigned and solved we could be getting towards quite an excellent ticket system, with no balls being dropped ever again. :woman_juggling:

wait, what? why am I always discovering bugs and hoping they are features… :wink:

super excited to see this underway in any event.

(Vinoth Kannan) #7

PM tags feature is now available in core. Enable the site setting allow staff to tag pms to try it.