Category settings: Anon email access

Hi. Setting up one of our Categories to allow anon users to email into the category. (We have a contact form that sends the output to the Category email address)
On Category settings we had toggled this on
Accept emails from anonymous users with no accounts

I noticed that if the User had signed up, but not activated their email Discourse would not allow their email to be sent into the Category.

It would allow a totally anon user to send an email (It sets up a user name which is ghosted out on the admin screen)

This sounds correct to me, not a bug — if the user has an account attached to that email it will be used.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff… for the faster than fast response!

Here is the email the system sent me. I had forgotten that I had registered with this particular email. You are right…not a bug. I should have read the last sentence!

0700 here in Dubai…I can see I am going to have to be a lot sharper before I post in the bug category next time :slight_smile:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: [The Project Pool] Email issue – Inactive User

Date: 1 March 2018 at 09:39:17 GMT

To: andy@XXXXXX

Reply-To: The Project Pool <goprojectpool@discoursemail.com>

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“goprojectpool+XXXXXXXX@discoursemail.com”] (titled New general enquiry from Andy White) didn’t work.

Your account associated with this email address is not activated. Please activate your account before sending emails in.

3 Likes