- Have a “private” category that only has create/reply/see access for members of a specific group. No other permissions.
- Enable “anonymous email in” for that specific via a unique working alias to the incoming POP account.
- Have a non-staff user that is not a member of the group send an email report in to the category email address from the email address associated with their account.
- Send in an email from an account not associated with any known Discourse account.
- Both #3 and #4 result in new topics in the private category, and the group can begin discussion.
- The email in #4 works but email in #3 is rejected with the