Change Timestamp Format to Actual Date and Time

I am surprised I was not able to find any previous discussions about this in a search on this site. Maybe I am just not very good with searches.

I am wondering if there is a way to change the timestamps for post and PM’s from the amount of time that has elapsed since the post to the actual date and time of the post.

Thank you,
Scot

Simply hover over the timestamp, or click/tap on it, to see it converted to absolute time.

2 Likes

Thank you. Is there a way to make it just have the absolute time be the one that is displayed as the default?

This is something I would like to know also.

1 Like

I see in the customizable text there are fields to customize the wording used for the timestamps but I am not sure if there is a way to change the format to show date and time. @codinghorror and the other main guys on here usually know exactly how to accomplish something and are very helpful in explaining it. In this case I am guessing there is no way since they haven’t told us. Seems like it would be a popular option for discourse admins but maybe not.

@tshenry could we document how to override here? Changing a few translated strings. Unless we have another more appropriate topic out there somewhere.

3 Likes