Completely Edit Welcome Message

(Harsh) #1

Upon a new member registering for Discourse, they are sent a message by the system (or whatever account you specify) introducing them to the community. Upon some investigation, it seems I can’t edit the entire message, only certain parts!

This part seems to be included by default!

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

Enjoy your stay!

(If you need to communicate with staff members as a new user, just reply to this message.)

Any chance this can change? I don’t know about everyone else, but I would like my main site’s welcome message to be fully adaptable to the individual website!

Upon looking at the Main Discourse Repo, the config /locales/server.en.yml file seems to be where the default message is being hard coded. Any chance this could change?

You should be able to change this in your admin area.

(Harsh) #3

That’s soo strange… I do not see that at all!

Oh wait… my link refers to system_messages.usage_tips.text_body_template which is what is included when a user is sent a message upon sign on.

What you’re referring to is system_messages.welcome_user.text_body_template.

Checking the discourse repo here, it seems the welcome_user action is defined when a user activates his account (so I’m a little confused since my setup doesn’t have any such variable in Customize > Text Content Section

The only editable text content listed for me are the following: