How do I edit the email template for the welcoming email?

Loving discourse so far, How do I edit the email template for the welcoming email?

2 Likes

Admin, customize, text content

5 Likes

I updated this today for my site, but I still have a bit of extra text in the welcome email I can’t figure out how to change - even though it looks like text I had written in the past. Is there another place to edit a line of intro text to the “New User Guidance” that gets sent as a PM to new users?

1 Like

I’m seeing this too. Do you have this same text tacked on @tobiaseigen ?

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

Enjoy your stay!

(If you need to communicate with staff members as a new user, just reply to this message.)

Also this is appended at the beginning:

Thanks for joining [site name], and welcome!

1 Like

yep! I get the same text before and after, just like @AdamCapriola.

Am I correct in assuming that editing the email templates is generally not possible?

For example - we would like to brand the invitation template and make some other changes to the language to make it more clear what we’re doing.

Some of the copy is editable in Admin, Customize, Text. But more could be…

2 Likes

Ditto on this. Was kind of surprised that the text is hardcoded in. Wish that was just included in the template and could be editable. Especially “We believe in civilized community behavior at all times” for my site in specific the point is kind of mute because it’s a paid-only members site. Any easy way to remove that?

1 Like

You could disable the welcome message (there is a setting) and then create your own from scratch through the API.

1 Like

TFW we get hit with awesome surprises from the Discourse Team

Update:

7 Likes