Compose Center

Install this theme component

Hello :wave:

Compose Center is a place for all type of composing options. The idea was a place where you can easily handle your composing content.

Like:

• New Message
  • Nem Chat Message
  • Drafts
  • Pending Posts

I don’t want to hack the original layout and design so this made for the Default theme. Originally it can work pretty cool with a three column theme right sidebar. So it replaces the default + New Topic button with a Compose button. The content opens in DMenu and show a banner, profile avatar, user status, new topic/open draft, message, chat buttons, drafts and pending posts.

Quick buttons and links:

• on banner My Drafts button: link to drafts
  • on banner pencil icon (edit): link to preferences/profile
  • on avatar (hover) pencil icon (edit): link to preferences/account
  • user status: opens user status modal
  • new topic/open draft button: opens topic composer
  • message button: opens pm composer
  • chat buttons: opens new chat message modal

The banner background is the blurred profile avatar if the user card background hasn’t setted up.

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.34.09

With draft
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.36.11

With pending posts
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.46.21

User status
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.46.32

Theme Translations

:warning: Chat enabled is required to use this theme component! You can enable it with chat enabled site setting.

:heart: Credit: I’ve integrated the New Topic Header Button theme component in it. This is inspired by Central theme profile block.

7 Likes

Nice work Don, installed on my personal site and I really this feature. :clap:

I’m not getting the new topic button on the header though, even if I preview from the component in admin. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks Lilly, I am glad you like it! :heart:

No, sorry I mean I integrate that component functionality in the DMenu. So the New Topic button code you see in DMenu is mostly coming from the New Topic Header Button theme component. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hah, after I posted, I was wondering if I was just misunderstanding the OP. Thank you for clarifying. (And when I think about it, I’d prefer to not have it in the header anyways.)

I really like that composer modal and would like to be able to open it from the sidebar, but one can create a custom section to do the same things.

I like the look of the little pop-up you made :smiley:

2 Likes