Configure Mailgun for email when using Digital Ocean for DNS

Thanks for you post, my testing shows that above line is not optional. Should be something like postmaster@[YourDoamin.com], this is the default SMTP Login in Mailgun.

With Mailgun it’s mandatary you’re right. You can use postmaster or create a new smtp account in Mailgun with the option Manage SMTP credentials

I created a noreply@mydomain.com for example.

Digital Ocean often blocks outgoing SMTP ports (25, 587), so using port 2525 with Mailgun is a way to ensure that you don’t get caught up if they do decide to block you. I use port 2525 for all of my installs to avoid having to worry about whether they decide to block those ports for a given droplet.

4 Likes

I’m having an issue with DKIM and verifying the dns server. When I enter the DNS sending settings from mailgun into the DNS Zone Editor on BlueHost and then try to verify the settings on Mailgun, I see a green checkmark next to everything except the domainkey. There is a red ‘x’ there, so i’m assuming this means that it will not be verified or that I cannot even start the process of being verified.

edit: to add to this, I tried using ‘mailo’ instead of ‘k1’ preceeding the ‘.’ for the domainkey. I’m still seeing a red x. So i’m not sure what’s happening at this point.

You need to create the the records required by mailgun. When you do, that checkbox will turn green like the others. It can take a while for those records to propagate.

We can’t guess here what you’ve done wrong. You should ask mailgun for help.

I understand. I’ve added screenshots just for clarification. Everything seems to check out EXCEPT for domainkey.

I guess I will take your advice and contact them about the issue.

1 Like

Do you have an Image to Change the Domain to noreply@yourdomain.com?

The launcher script does a git pull, there is no need for that to be an explicit step any more. Removed.

FWIW, ./launcher rebuild app does the pull, but ./launcher bootstrap web_only does not.

3 Likes