Contains_dtoc in Grey Amber theme header

If you switch to Grey Amber theme here you can see a “contains_dtoc” in the header.
Not sure what category this belongs in (here or bug).

6 Likes

Looks like an issue with the DiscoTOC theme component (cc @Johani). This is specific to Meta and I’ve removed the component for now (it was only enabled on some themes).

6 Likes

What’s the best way to go about disabling this component if it this breaks all my theme views preventing me pulling up mainsite or /admin?

1 Like

Access your site via safe mode. Go to forum.example.com/safe-mode, disable the current theme, and then you can disable the theme component from the admin panel. See How to use Discourse Safe Mode for more details.

3 Likes

It appears this has been fixed for my issue. Updated dtoc via safe mode and now works. I think I got an update between code pushes. Thanks

this is not just a grey amber theme issue - I had the same problem with the regular light and dark themes.

In any case, safe mode, update the table of contents theme component worked to bring my site back.

4 Likes

The root cause is fixed. See

https://meta.discourse.org/t/discotoc-automatic-table-of-contents/111143/82?u=johani

Thanks for reporting the issue @Ellibereth :+1:

7 Likes