Create new tabs in Emoji selector

Hello everyone,

I’dl like to know if it’s possible to add a category for the emojis. Like you did with smiley face, dog, house, #.

For my forum, I’d like to add some flags but they’re mixed with other uploaded emojis in the poop category, and it’s not great for my OCD :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be a flag category between the # and the poop category for example.

I know how to ssh the app, and how to create a plugin with github, so if i have a lead, i won’t bother you a lot.

Thanks !

There is no way to do this at the current time.

Ok, thanks for the reply !

It’s actually exported (albeit not using ES6 which we should move it to)

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/9ce66038647bc4ff63167fe9c74857a01acc0875/app/assets/javascripts/discourse/lib/emoji/emoji-toolbar.js.es6#L36

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look into it !

@Steven did you ever figure out how to add a new tab to the emoji browser? I have a case for that as well.

I didn’t really know how to do this at the time and I went another direction with this plugin : https://github.com/discourse/discourse-emoji

You can add custom emojis and choose in what order they will appear. It was good enough for my needs

2 Likes

Thanks Steven! I’d rather use the existing dialog, so I’ll dig a little further.

For future reference (and after my first visit to the Discourse source code ;-): after adding custom emojis in the admin, just rebuild the app. A custom tab will then be added to the emoji picker and the first custom emoji you created will be used as the tab icon:

6 Likes

so is there any way to made the custom emojis appear first? Like right when you open the selector

This topic has been bumped,so I give everyone a little update. This is doable since may 2020

We can do this in the /admin/customize/emojis page

I prefer to use a plugin to sort everything out and it works perfectly : GitHub - MonDiscourse/iunctis-emojis

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.