Create New Topic via Anon Email Bug

Hi,

I’ve configured one of my categories to allow new topics to be created from an anonymous user with no account - this category setting:

Accept emails from anonymous users with no accounts

This is working correctly and the new topic is being created. However I noticed when a reply is made the original ‘email’ address used to create the topic isn’t receiving a notification email. I would have thought this anon poster would have got a notification. Could you clarify the behaviour?

Why would an anonymous email address get notified about the topic? Only registered users get that behavior.

Hi,

The anon user created the topic via email. It makes sense that they would receive follow up notifications to their email address regarding their topic - otherwise I can’t see how anon topic creation via email is a useful feature.

Reading around the forums I assumed this is one of those features to help integrate the less-forum-savvy users into the discussion - which I thought was a very slick idea. But if there’s no way for those anon users to get follow up notifications about a discussion they started via email I’m better off ditching the feature entirely, as I’ll never hear from the anon-topic-creator once we reply to the post.

Is this still a bug? I am closing this, flag to reopen if you can repro.

When the account is created it is a proper user account and topic they create is watched by them, so notifications will go to the new account.