Create Users API support

I know there’s a mention of create users in the API but one of the staff members @riking mentioned that it doesn’t work and shouldn’t be on the list. Rather than taking it off the list, can it get fixed?

Can you elaborate here @riking?

Any updates with this?

I am not sure what @riking is on about, we already have an endpoint for inviting an admin. We could add an endpoint for creating a user (with username/name/password) clearly an admin only endpoint.

As always, to get priority on this kind of stuff, sign up to one of our plans hosting plans :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, right, I was thinking about using the existing signup route, which wouldn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

My company has been considering it for going live but I’ve been using open source to test out the functionality of what my company would be looking for. This has been at a standstill waiting for a solution to push out our employees into the user database via scripting.

You can look at our import scripts, should be trivial to adapt them to bootstrap users.

3 Likes

Can you provide a link to these scripts?

All our import scripts are located in the script/import_scripts directory.

Is there a way to export the list of users so I can script to check against another database for any new users needed to be imported? Instead of just keep trying to add 600+ users everytime with 599 errors?