Custom plugin broke with 3.2.0.beta2-dev (Replacing HomeLogo)

Hey,

we’ve been using Discourse for a lot of years now. At some point a former dev of our organization created a plugin to replace the default Home-Logo widget with a custom one to fit our general navigation style. After the update to 3.2.0.beta2-dev discourse stopped working (infinite loading) and I figured it was the plugin which broke.

export default {
  name: 'spongepowered-navbar',
  initialize() {
    HomeLogo.default = createWidget('home-logo', {
      tagName: 'div.title',

now leads to

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot set property default of #<Object> which has only a getter

The error references the line of HomeLogo.default = ....
It seems like the HomeLogo Widget cannot be replaced anymore somehow. I searched the changelog and couldnt find something. As I’m not very experienced with discourse plugins I’m seeking for help here. What’s the “new way” of doing this? The whole code can we found at https://github.com/felixoi/discourse-spongepowered-navbar/blob/master/assets/javascripts/initializers/spongepowered-navbar.js.es6 (it’s only 133 lines in total).

Hoping someone can help me out here.

So you’re just changing your logo? Wouldn’t these settings work for that?

(That’s an admin search for “logo”)

@Firepup650 No sadly it does not. If you take a look at the code you can see that we add a dropdown to the icon on hover.

It wouldn’t be directly on the logo, but would Dropdown Header work for your use case?