Customize powers for Trust Levels?

I am wondering if there is a way to customize the powers available to different Trust Levels, or to define your own new Trust Levels.

I am a member of a forum which could REALLY use some community support in splitting and merging threads. But Trust Level 4 also includes being able to edit any post by any user, which is a pretty hefty power to hand out to community members.

So, we are trying to figure out a way to enable select users to split/merge, but not give them the other TL4 capabilities.

4 Likes

There is no way to do this at the current time. I suggest learning to “trust” your trust level 4 users.

5 Likes

Kind of figured, but hoped maybe to put it on the list of potential features running around in the minds of those in charge.

Since the forum runners are operating a business, they are incredibly hesitant to trust the users to that extent. But since it is a lean business, they are also not employing anyone who serves primarily as a community manager and would thus be able to monitor and split threads ><

1 Like

I agree with this too.

In case of private community forums for business users, this feature is important to have.

We do trust the users, but you can’t have employees from one company being able to edit posts from employees of other company, just because they have been around the forum for a while.

If TL3 users editing the titles/categories of other users topics is an issue, you can disable trusted users can edit others

1 Like