Customizing "Page doesn't exist" page

Hi community!

I am trying to customize the “Page doesn’t exist” page. It currently shows the words " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.". However, I would like to replace this with an image instead. Is there any way to do this? I was thinking of using plugin-outlets but there does not seem to be one for it. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Maybe we should have a plugin outlet for this @eviltrout?

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not simple since there are two versions of that page. One is generated server side and one is generated client side, depending on the error. We could add an outlet to the client side page but you wouldn’t always see it. Also I should note that page is used for all exceptions so you’d have to differentiate between a network error, a 500 error, a 404, etc.

4 Likes

Just wanted to check, if there is any way to solve this yet? We would love to modify that page too if possible at all.

It has not changed, sorry.

1 Like

Sure understand. Thanks for the fast reply.

I was able to customize the message with a little Javascript:

window.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(){
    document.querySelector('.page-not-found .title').innerHTML = "NEW MESSAGE HERE";
});

The script replaces the HTML where the ‘Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private’ is located. I haven’t tried it, but in theory, you could add HTML to render a picture.

2 Likes