Customizing which groups appear on /about page?

I’ve been looking for a way to customize which groups that appear on the /about page. My community has not only admins and moderators, but also other custom “staff” groups (such as a social media team) that I’d like to be able to include there as well. Ideally it would be nice to have a boolean field that can be set per group determining whether it should appear on that page, which is what I’ve been looking into with no success.

Does no such feature exist? And if it would have to be done via a plugin, what would be the best way to do that? I know how to create plugins and have already made some simple changes using them, I’m just not sure how to approach this in particular.

1 Like

Hmm maybe a link to the global groups directory makes sense on /about @tgxworld? What do you think?

2 Likes

I think a link might be a little excessive since we already have a groups link in our hamburger menu. I’m thinking of displaying all public groups under Our admins instead.

1 Like

Top N groups with link to more?

3 Likes

I was thinking “top” can be number of posts made by the group in the last month? @Flower_Child would that work for your use case or do you want to have full control over which group to actually display?

What you’re requesting for can be done via a plugin but you’ll first have to submit a PR to include a plugin outlet on the about page.

2 Likes