Deleting "About xxx Category

Is there a way to delete the "About xxx Category’ topic? I don’t have to/want to have a full description for every category, and I don’t want templated language posted. I see that I can archive it - what does that do?

1 Like

I have been curious about his too. We want the topics so we can maintain category descriptions but do not want them to appear in topic lists. Is it ok to archive or unlist them?

Amazing would be to have an admin setting that just makes them all disappear from topic lists.

These topics cannot be deleted, no. If you don’t want them, leave the default text (so it isn’t used as a category description) and unlist the topic. Users won’t be able to see them.

6 Likes

but staff can still see them, right? I think it’s these people in particular I’d like to hide these from because they are constantly complaining about them and wanting to repurpose them for other things. :scream_cat:

1 Like

Tell them not to. Simple :smiley:

1 Like

Heh.

You.
Have.
No.
Idea.

5 Likes

I hide these topics by default, if we edit them then the text appears in the categories view.

If we don’t, then it’s likely we don’t need them for those categories in question.

1 Like