Deleting permissions | Create new Topic

Hello and welcome @AndresGomez :slight_smile:

I think your user may have been recently made into a Category Moderator to acquire the ability to delete a topic (only Category Moderators, Moderators, and Admin currently have the delete permission for content that’s not their own).

Normally if you accidentally delete a topic you can pull up the topic wrench again and undelete it in the same fashion, but I’ve just had a quick run-through on my test site and I notice that Category Moderators have the ability to delete a topic but don’t have the power to view deleted topics. This leads to the unfortunate position where if a Category Moderator accidentally deletes a topic the page refreshes and they then can’t get back to that topic to reverse the error.

As a workaround in the short-term you could make the user a TL4 instead as they have a lot of permissions that are useful, like global edit, splitting topics, closing, etc but not everything a Category Moderator has (like delete, or access to the Review Queue). There’s a comparison table in Trust Level Permissions Table (inc Moderator Roles) with more info in, if you want to check it out. :+1:

1 Like