Deprecation notice: `whiteList` has been replaced…

Is this happening to other people? Is it expected to be resolved in a later release?

Message (52 copies reported)

[PrettyText]  Deprecation notice: `whiteList` has been replaced with `allowList` (deprecated since Discourse 2.6.0.beta.4) (removal in Discourse 2.7.0)

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/lib/pretty_text.rb:79:in `block in create_es6_context'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:273:in `block in attach'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:228:in `eval_unsafe'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:228:in `block (2 levels) in eval'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:369:in `timeout'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:227:in `block in eval'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:225:in `synchronize'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/mini_racer-0.6.3/lib/mini_racer.rb:225:in `eval'
/var/www/discourse/lib/pretty_text.rb:234:in `block in markdown'
/var/www/discourse/lib/pretty_text.rb:597:in `block in protect'

It’s been filling up my logs:

I believe that’s coming from a theme component or plugin. I’m pretty sure that it’s been updated in all official plugins and theme components.

2 Likes

I see. Can’t seem to be able to track it by the logs. I’ll have to play wack a mole later. Thanks again for your help :blush:

The same message should appear in the browser JS console when you create/reply to a topic. In theory, that browser console message should tell you the name of the plugin triggering the message :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh nice. I’ll try that now.

Well, that was easy to debug. Added a couple of breakpoints and I believe I found the culprit:

I’ll message the dev to let em know the plugin is throwing errors and shit:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.