Design exciting wordpress comment template

Job spec:
I have the Wordpress discourse plugin set-up so that all new articles published on Wordpress are auto-posted to Discourse. We had a fairly thriving comment section community (when we used Disqus) and I’d like to somehow have the comment section act as a selling point to persuade users to sign up to our discourse forum.

At the moment the theme we are using doesn’t show the comments or even the link to the discourse page in a very attractive way. I want a complete rehaul so that when a user is reading an article not only are they aware and encouraged to comment on it, they can see a showcase of comments and a very clear call-to-action that in order to participate they should go and sign up.

I’d also like the comment count that appears at the top of every post (next to the name/date/category) to be used as a place to entice people to jump to the comments section or go over to discourse. Perhaps instead of it linking to the comment section beneath the article it could automatically link to the discourse page instead while still showing the number of comments.

I quite like what they did here: Don’t Buy The Magnet! Just Kidding… Sort Of. – Cracking the Code

That would be a good starting point. I want users who reads our wordpress pages to feel like they are missing out if they don’t sign up to our community and start participating. Ideally each post would showcase either the latest or the top comments (if there are any) from the corresponding discourse forum, and would have clear clickable links to take the user to discourse page to comment back/participate. The design is really important. It needs to stand out and get people excited about commenting.

This is the website: https://thepeoplesvoice.tv

Timeframe:
Within a week.

Budget:
$500. (flexible)

Please send me an example of work you’ve already done and proposals for what you’d do on this project.

The budget isn’t fixed. I am flexible depending on how much work is needed to get this done.