🧰 Developer Toolbox

:discourse2: Summary Developer Toolbox gives quick access to common links, actions, and settings often used when developing with Discourse.
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-dev-utils
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

:information_source: For local development use only. Not useful for production sites

Install this theme component

:question: How it works

The component is designed by default to be unobtrusive, so you trigger a modal by tapping the grave slash ` character on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can enable a trigger button in the UI by toggling a theme setting.

Once the modal appears you have access to some common actions, links and settings that you might typically need while developing with Discourse.

40 Likes

Thank you for this great component, Keegan!

Right now the header icon always shows. A small improvement could be to only show it to admins. So when browsing the site as a regular user the look is not tweaked.

5 Likes

i quite like this component. thank you! :slight_smile: :+1:

i just noticed that the Discourse Docs button goes to the Plugin API link instead of docs.

2 Likes

Thanks for identifying that @Lilly, I’ve pushed an update resolving this:

Thanks for the request @nolo, I’ve added this now:

3 Likes

This looks very good – I need to identify all of the outlets, but both Toggle Outlets and Toggle Alerts seem to do nothing except close the modal.

Are they supposed to display/show or highlight something on screen when toggled on?

1 Like

Adding/installing this theme component in addition to the Developer Toolbox makes the Toggle Outlets button work…

1 Like