Difficulty translating certain fields in reddit-ish theme

Hi guys (:

I am using this theme and I want to make some parts Turkish. A reddit-ish theme for Discourse

But I couldn’t find exactly where I can change these places. I’m using Discourse 14-day demo. I’ll publish it after these edits.

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Those texts are hard coded into the theme.
At them moment the omly way to change them is changing them in the code.

as i predicted, thanks! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Does the discourse need to be hosted on my server so that I can make changes to the code?

More importantly, if I make changes inside the theme, won’t these changes be lost after the update?

No it doesn’t. You can fork the theme and install your own version at your forum. But you would have to update your forked theme when the original one is updated. That usually shouldn’t be that complicated.

But the best solution is to actually make those strings translateable. @awesomerobot would that be pr-welcome ?

3 Likes

Hey, you cant change it from

https://yoursite/admin/customize/site_texts?q=

And from the theme component config who shows the “Recent topics”?

Are you sure those are shown in the theme config?

This is not <h4>{{i18n (themePrefix "sidebar.recent_topics")}}</h4>

3 Likes

Yes this is right, they’re not translatable until this is done. A pr to make this change would be welcome! Otherwise I can get to it early next week.

4 Likes

I appreciate you!

For 1 week i tried all themes, and for me your theme was the most efficient in terms of UX quality (the fullwith component was a bit problematic, but I solved it with custom css).

The only thing left is some strings that need to be translated.

Let’s finish this game!

1 Like

I’ve just made an update to the theme that makes this text translatable.

“replies” and “share” will use our default translations, so those should work automatically… and the rest of the text can be edited from the bottom of the theme’s settings page at admin/customize/themes

2 Likes

You’re the best Kris! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: @awesomerobot

When I was on the site, I saw the update notification live. I said, I wonder if it’s what I think it is? Yes! I’m new here and I’m curious. Why don’t you sell these themes for a fee? Or can’t you sell them? I haven’t seen anyone selling. But the effort you put in definitely deserves it. :fist_right: :fist_left:

Everything works perfectly. I can only give a little feedback. The field in the right sidebar could not be translated. But that’s okay. It’s a great job. I love you…