Disallow to accept an answer given by topic creater

Hi!

How to disallow to accept an answer given by topic creater.
Now question creater can answer on own question, so if i give badges for answers, user can achive it by asking and answering self questions.

Do you create new badges about this?
You must exclude the author id for solved badge.
The default helpdesk badge already exclude this situation. Check the sql from that badge to understand what I mean.

5 Likes

The forum Iā€™m most active on has created a badge, ā€œLearned Oneā€, awarded after a user receives 10 ā€œSolutionā€ checkmarks. I understand that the first checkmark that grants the ā€œHelpdeskā€ badge canā€™t be self-bestowed. I donā€™t think our ā€œLearned Oneā€ should be earned using any self-awarded solutions. Is there a way to prevent this?

Bear in mind Iā€™m a user. No administrative access, no documentation save what Iā€™ve gleaned on my occasional forays into this forum.

technically this is doable, they just need to amend the badge SQL not to count self awards.

4 Likes

@sam
Iā€™m guessing here - my SQL is extremely old, rusty, and was never much developed to begin with:

So someone with access, authority, and a basic SQL knowledge should be able to:

1. Look at the SQL for the provided ā€œHelpDeskā€ badge - which already disallows self-check
  2. Identify how self-checks are disallowed
  3. Look at the SQL for our ā€œLearned Oneā€ badge
  4. Change the ā€œLearnedOneā€ badge to add the test identified in #2

Correct?

:thinking: It just now occurs to me that I never asked our administrators if the badge already has such a restriction! I think Iā€™ll do that now :

This seems right, note I recall we have sorted this out via our support channel due to this being on a hosted customer.

Yep. Person you added to our PM conversation gave me info I needed.

2 Likes