Discobot advanced user tutorial stall?

I’m having issues with the advanced user tutorial ending right after tagging, and before the polls.
I’m currently running v2.0.0.beta4 +158 and have completed the tutorials here on meta. I can see that some stuff has to do with polls disabled, disabling the discobot tutorial but we currently have polls enabled, and in use on our site. I haven’t found many other pointers on what to look for to correct this, we have a large age range in our userbase and a specific demographic wants more tutorials and/or manuals of features :roll_eyes:

You complete your tag reply and discobot likes your post and never replies. This is in private message.

If you skip that step, it works and completes the tutorial and hands out the appropriate badge and “certificate”

Can you check whether discobot is a new user (= TL0) on your Discourse? If so, it cannot post more that one image into a post and you’ll see a corresponding low-level error in your admin error logs :nerd_face:

Changing the trust level to TL1 or above should fix it then.

He was at t4? I changed it to t3, but is it specifically t1 i need for him?

Update: Have tried it on t1-4 and nothng seems to work.

Anything in the error log regarding DiscourseNarrativeBot and AdvancedUserNarrative?

1 Like

admin>logs>error logs shows nothing

Tagging isn’t a part of the advanced user tutorial, since tagging is off by default in Discourse. Are you referring to something else?

I’m referring to the hash (#) tagging that links to categories or tags.

Sure @jomaxro when you’re able can you run through the advanced user tutorial and make sure there are no regressions?

1 Like

No regressions that I see. I made it through the advanced tutorial on try without issues:

2 Likes

I don’t know, it still is broken on the install I’m referencing and if you skip that single step on advanced it works fine.
Basic tutorial works flawlessly.
I mean we have issued guidance to workaround if they want to continue the tutorial, but seems weird. No error log, or anything I can find to point me in direction of why.

Not sure, if you can provide a better repro we can perhaps fix, we need to repro it. Could be based on unusual site settings of some kind, interfering with the process? Not sure.

2 Likes

So I’ve had a number of users experience this exact issue. We’ve got a mostly stock install, with a few theme components and SSO enabled for the main part of the site. Some of it might be the TL problem, but at this point the users are TL1, so shouldn’t be having any trouble. Restarting it doesn’t seem to be helping. The user is getting to the part where you must mention discobot, discobot likes the post… then nothing.

Screenshot of stuck tutorial.

In order to complete the tutorial, the user had to skip the step.

Edit: Update from user: “Okay, maybe it was that stuck step… or maybe it was because I glitched the directions for hiding text somehow, but I was super careful this time - and once the beginning tutorial was done (skipping that one step) I was able to blaze right through the advanced tutorial and they’re both done now. But hopefully they can figure out what’s hanging that up for some of us. Thanks again!”