New features in 1.9.0.beta17
Full rebake of all old posts
There have been a number of significant changes to post formatting over the last few major releases, but those changes only affect new/edited posts. To ensure the improved formatting is applied to all posts a scheduled rebake of all posts will occur. This rebake is limited to 100 posts rebaked per 15 minutes to avoid unnecessary stress on your server.
User login/logout webhook
Webhooks are a great way to be alerted when something happens in Discourse. Previously a webhook could be triggered when a user is created, approved or updated. Webhooks will now also be send when a user logs in or out.
New post selection options
Sometimes site staff need to select a large number of posts in a topic to delete or move. In addition to the existing ‘select all’ option, staff can now also select ‘select +below’ and ‘select +all replies’ for a more fine-tuned selection.
New Translation Languages
We added Serbian as a new language option in Discourse. To help translate Discourse to your language, visit https://www.transifex.com/discourse. If your language is not yet supported, see How to add a new language.
This beta includes 3 security fixes for issues reported by our community and HackerOne.
- Don’t pass email backup token to sidekiq as a parameter.
- Any group can be invited into a PM.
- Prevent staged accounts from changing email.
- Update audio onebox to accept opus files
- Multiple bug fixes
- Minor copyedit
- Show Voting on mobile topic list
- Update to React Native 0.21
- Support subfolder sites
Additional Features and Fixes
Click to expand
- Search log term details page
- Converting code tags to Markdown while pasting
- Keep supported HTML tags in HTML to Markdown conversion
- Upload images and fonts in themes via hijack
- Store twitter supplied email for auditing
- Stop forking regular backup jobs
- Don’t disable details when below truncate limit
- Refreshing Gravatar didn’t work
- External links in whisper ended up in a white page
- Clicking a link in a onebox wasn’t properly extracting the post_id
- Load tracked/watched/muted categories on screen loading
- Prevent loading of invalid locales from plugins
- Data loss on update of single user_field.
- Details tags broke excerpts
- Validates ‘ThemeField’ name when used in a SCSS variable
- Correct issue with search omitting words with multiple dots
moderatorsgroup wasn’t being updated to be messagable by everyone.
- Properly omit inactive and silenced users from directory
- Publish presence to allowed groups as well
- Load the appropriate file for AlternativeReplyByEmailAddressesValidator
- IE syntax error in regular expression
- Add ‘SiteSetting.port’ to ‘Onebox.allowed_ports’ in development mode
- Prevents global input width to impact input inside emoji picker filter
- Don’t count users as replying long after they are done typing
- Use hijack for emoji uploads
- IE compatability issue in clipboard files array
- Reset scroll position when switching tab in edit category modal
- Wasn’t able to recover a post
- Disable New Topic button if filtered to a tag and a category that you don’t have permission to post in
- Inline head tag html pasting
- Prevent when selecting replies to posts quoting themselves
- A topic should be visited when you’ve read everything and there’s deleted posts at the end
- Incorrect pending_users_reminder user count
- Do not onebox flagged post link
- Do not display used categories as selectable in categories notifications preferences
- Make sure scrollbar don’t appear
- Not permitted theme params when importing theme
- Constant lookup error when exporting theme
- Set a default color scheme when creating a new one
User#user_avatarmay be nil.
- Save whisper drafts
- Post.reply_ids should also handle quotes
- Wasn’t redirected to group inbox
- Ensure we’re always changing 1 post ownership
- Rake task for updating posts received by email should not crash
- Empty uploads and blank filenames caused errors during validation
- Links with query params to external sites fail to load if ga universal auto link domains is used
- Make sure we don’t show scrollbars on toolbar-popup-menu
- Replace invitee_name to inviter_name in translation overrides
- Make sure new badges have a default type
- Correctly count participants when more than 24
- Do not send mailing list emails to unapproved users
- Ensure staged accounts are always inactive
- Path whitelist for embedded comments didn’t work with non-ASCII chars
- Moderation History wasn’t working from timeline admin button
- Better centering in presence plugin
- Reducing number of overall font sizes
- Reducing number of font sizes used in mobile view
- Reducing number of different fonts used in Admin
- Allow for iPhone X in iOS Hacks
- Only publish presence when typing a message
- Removing px font defintions and replacing with em
- Don’t shown the ‘staff-counters’ div when there’s no counter
- Increasing line-height for headlines in all post content
- Add option to limit how many categories are processed in one call to CategoryFeaturedTopic.feature_topics
- Better handling of headings in HTML inline pasting