☁️ Discourse Air Theme

:discourse2: Summary Discourse Air Theme is a clean & modern theme with a handful of theme-components included to enhance your forum!
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-air
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme

Light Mode

Dark Mode

Categories Page

This theme includes a handful of components to enhance your forum as well.

• Dark Light Scheme Toggle
  • Clickable Topics
  • Discourse Search Banner
  • Modern Category + Group Boxes

:exclamation: Please read through these tips upon installation, as there are a couple of settings that NEED TO BE ENABLED for this to theme to render properly.

Tips

Dark Light Scheme Toggle

For this to work properly, at least 2 color scheme choices need to be enabled in your https://discourse.jordanvidrine.com/admin/customize/colors area. At least two colors need to have color scheme can be selected by users enabled.

Once this is done, users should be able to choose between two color schemes as their light and dark preferences in their user preferences interface menu.

Discourse Search Banner

In the options for the discourse-search-banner theme component, the plugin-outlet options needs to be set to BELOW-SITE-HEADER for this theme to render properly.

Modern Category + Group Boxes

This theme component requires your categories to use the CATEGORY BOXES WITH SUBCATEGORIES setting in your /admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=categories area.

This theme component also allows the forum admin to organize their category page with header titles, and choose which categories appear under each header. To keep things simple, I have only allowed up to 5 headings to be used. If no categories + heading settings are chosen, all categories will render as they do above, this is the default rendering option.

Feel free to post any issues here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I hope you enjoy!

131 Likes

That is just amazing Jordan! :heart_eyes: I love it!

16 Likes

It will be helpful if the welcome message can be hide when left locale field empty :+1:

7 Likes

Oh wow, this looks really nice! Thank you for the share. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This theme gives discourse the modern look it deserves. Very well done @jordan-vidrine

12 Likes

Theme looks amazing. Awesome work :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This theme looks so amazing. Hope we can get this category page design as a separate component as well. It is looking way better this way. :heart:

7 Likes

Thanks it is nice…

First time I install a new theme. I really like this one!!

7 Likes

Hi @jordan-vidrine regarding the # of views column, what kind of code shall i add in the component to override that column being hidden ?

3 Likes

I believe this should work:

.full-width .contents .topic-list thead th.posts {
width: 10%;
}

.full-width .contents .topic-list thead th.activity {
order: 4;
}

th.num.views {
order: 3;
display: block;
}

.full-width .contents .topic-list tbody tr:not(.topic-list-item-separator) td.posts {
order: 2;
}

.topic-list .views {
order: 3;
}

.full-width .contents .topic-list tbody tr:not(.topic-list-item-separator) td.age {
order: 4;
}
6 Likes

Refreshingly beautiful. Great work @jordan-vidrine!

4 Likes

Have you made sure to go through this part of the theme setup?

2 Likes

Hi there, Love the theme.

How does this them work with discourse voting, It seems to be hidden?

2 Likes

Is there any possibility to change the header text “Welcome to the forum”

3 Likes

Yes, this can be edited in the Discourse Search Banner component :+1:

3 Likes

A while back I posted an issue with not seeing the categories on a mobile view (☁️ Discourse Air Theme - #172 by Jerdeman). I messaged a bit with @jordan-vidrine, but we were unable to get to the root of the issue. Hopefully someone else has some ideas.

For the details
Using a clean install of Discourse 2.7.11 on kubernetes with the help of a helm chart from Bitnami, and the latest version of the theme installed and configured as mentioned in the opening post, we do not see any categories on a mobile view and styling is off on the latest page.

What we tried
Besides using a clean install, we attempted to use some older versions of the theme as well. The problem however remained, but we did not exhaustively tried all versions.
We also compared the html on our instance with that of discourse.jordanvidrine.com , and noticed that it is significantly different.

Gut feeling
As we cannot use a ‘beta’ version, my gut feeling tells me this is a compatibility issue between the theme or one of its plugins and Discourse 2.7. I’d love to know if someone has this theme working on 2.7, and if so with which versions of the theme and relevant plugins.

Question
Has somebody got this theme working with 2.7 and/or are there any clues on what we could do to get this working?

2 Likes

Hi. first, Thank you for this great theme :smile:

I want to change font-family, How can I do that.

I try this :point_down:

• download this Theme Google Fonts theme component , and change Font setting on SITE SETTING → Not work

• add @import{web font link ~~~ } code in Desktop.css, mobile.css → Not work

Which file should I modify to modify the font??? :sob:

3 Likes

I believe you should be able to set a customized font without a component here: admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=font

If you want more customization, I believe the google fonts theme component you linked would work. Though, the theme uses theme-settings and not a site setting I believe.

Have you brought this issue up in the topic for that font component?

4 Likes

Hello everyone, can anyone help me change the sizing and “fixed nature” of the background color on mobile?

The css for mobile is transparent on my end. And I just need a little guidance on changing the fixed background for the background colors.

If I’m not mistaken there’s a header background and a page background correct?

3 Likes

This is because the theme and its included components are fairly picky about how the site is set up.

In the OP I shared that:

5 Likes