Discourse Central Theme — Meta Pre-Release Out Now!

The quote button looks slightly bigger than the other buttons :thinking:

As opposed, for example, meta brand:

4 Likes

Really great theme!

The search box looks a little too narrow?

5 Likes

You are the only one who understands proper usability. I hope everyone will follow your example. Cool job!

1 Like

This theme seems to be difficult to use on smaller screens. Additionally, the UI for new topics overlaps the first topic in the list.

2 Likes

Is search supposed to only be available when at the beginning of a topic? That would probably make the new user tutorial (from @discobot) more difficult to complete.

4 Likes

That’s no excuse @hello-smile6, I still expect you to try your best.

1 Like

Accessing a personal chat in fullscreen seems to break the UI.

3 Likes

This theme seems to break when a category description[1] has a link in it.

1. example ↩︎

2 Likes

The clock UI on the right side seems to end up stale after a few minutes.

It seems like this theme breaks when a topic has multiple tags.

4 Likes

https://meta.discourse.org/g/team

is totally broken

1 Like

This is a beautiful theme

on the homepage (both mobile and desktop), how to display the Avatar of the newest replyer, instead of the avatar of the original poster

2 Likes

I had an incognito window open and I noticed how Jay was missing from the leaderboard.
Left my logged in user, right the incognito window.

Also, I didn’t know the user on the bottom (left). Their profile shows No activity yet. Are private topics counted for this leaderboard?

4 Likes

At this time, it appears the answer is yes, but I don’t know why Jay wouldn’t appear on the incognito one and Gabby would :thinking:

2 Likes

Jay appears in the data, though:

or in the full view: Discourse Meta

1 Like

In my opinion i believe this is the best theme ever made on discourse.
but the RTL, on Arabic needs to be improved.
Also, any plans to show card view for media on homepage? like pictures and videos without going to the post?

4 Likes

I had a look at the theme again. I still don’t like it

When you use the offered search filter for searching your messages or the topic you are reading, the box, which is added, overlaps the boarder of the search field
Search_in_messages
This also needs a lot of space in the search field, so in German you can only see 4 characters. (But the 8 characters in English are not that much more)
Search_in_this_topic
And the advanced search filter button does not work.

The notification icon for a new topic when you are watching first post is a bell
notification_new_topic
I am confused that the icon is also used for a received reaction.
The other themes use a different icon
Reaction_Icon

I also miss the tags when I’m at the top of a topic. This is the place where you can edit the topic to add tags, but you cannot see which tags were already added. I also miss the tags in the list of search results.

My unread list is usually empty. So the list is too. My list of watched topics would be much longer.
Following_topics

And I’m still confused when the heart icon at the topic list will be pink and when not. There are topics I did not give a like, which still have a pink heart. Does the pink heart indicate I liked at least one post in the topic? I thought “you liked the topic” would mean I liked the first post.

7 Likes

This theme looks really great. It feels very modern and high quality. I like it a lot. Will we be able to use this theme in the future?

5 Likes

Today I noticed on meta that topics here on meta don’t show Table of Contents (we have table of contents included on many/most of our documentation topics here).

Not sure if it’s as simple as enabling the theme component or if there’s some stuff you’ve got to sort out first to make them play nice together.

6 Likes

Thank you for updating us about the Central theme

4 Likes

Wow, I’m testing the theme on Meta and I’m fully impressed. That seems to be the theme I was expecting from the first time I tried Discourse.

Kudos for @Carson and Core for adding their valuable contributions to the team :fire:

[PRAISE MODE ON] I’m so proud to chose Discourse for our community. You really listen the people using your product and services and that’s not usual those days.

Keep it rocking!

Simple bugs to fix and overall experience

• Perhaps the hover selector should have border setting?

• Using Related results seems to broke the design, probably related to overlapped display elements.

• No sidebar show/hide button? :frowning:

• What about a more visible ‘shrink’ on text composer?

• A little border-radius could add some beauty to menus (:

Screenshot_20231217_191246

• This ... button will open a future menu on sidebar? If not, what’s their purpose to be if a single click opens the same?

Please, sorry if something was previously posted. I read half of the conversation but you can skip my comments if they was mentioned before :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes