DISCOURSE_DB_PASSWORD can not start with `#`

Even you quote the password as DISCOURSE_DB_PASSWORD="#XXXXX". You can pass db:rake.
But you will meet with fe_sendauth: no password supplied error when starting the discourse container.

2 Likes

Can you give an exact reproduction of the problem, as in, all the steps you took to make the problem occur? It seems like there’s a lack-of-quoting problem going on in the guts somewhere, but without knowing everything you’re doing, it’ll be a lot harder to find it.

3 Likes

Step to reproduce:

1. Clone discourse-docker;
  2. run ./discourse_setup;
  3. vi containers/app.yml, and add the DB related config. and set `DISCOURSE_DB_PASSWORD: “#Blabla”;
  4. run ./launcher rebuild app;
  5. rebuild success, and container initialized and running;
  6. Visit discourse, it says 502;
  7. Inspect the log, it states an PG error with error message fe_sendauth: no password supplied
2 Likes

Thanks for the repro, I’ll see what we can see.

3 Likes

OK, after more than a little faffing around (there’s a lot of devilish detail behind “add the DB related config”), I got a repro, and have now committed https://github.com/discourse/discourse_docker/commit/087e11016524a613ee28b9b97a260971f939994f, which should solve this problem.

7 Likes

Ha, thanks Matt. I should give more detail about that.

This topic was automatically closed after 25 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.