Discourse Gifs component

One more thing after post a gif it downloading all images (actually it downloads the full mp4 video gif) from tenor somehow I guess and break the gif.

So I just added media.tenor.com to disable image download domains setting. It seems now working well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, because of the hack for iOS devices it triggers the download feature now. So you must add the tenor domain to the exception list.

3 Likes

I fixed playback in iPadOS.

And while I can reproduce the freeze @dodesz, but since Safari is outright crashing there is not much I can do as it is not a simple exception but the browser is completely locking up. I made the markup simpler to reduce the number of elements, but it still crashes after 5 searches or so.

6 Likes

I noticed freezing as well. It was on this website while I was editing a thread with a GIF. The whole browser tab froze twice on me, after I deleted the GIF in the composer it stopped freezing. I’m on the latest version of Firefox with Windows 10 desktop.

2 Likes

In this forum it works perfectly, but not in mine, it just appears as a motionless image in the post. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Did you upgrade Discourse recently too?

I believe you need to be at least as recent as this commit to be able to use it : FEATURE: Allow video tag attributes for video gifs · discourse/discourse@7253422 · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks, I do NOT have much knowledge of the subject, how do I install that JS?

1 Like

The theme-component had several updates so check if you have any pending updates for it.

2 Likes

In fact, today I did the update of the theme-component, possibly the problem is what @Steven mentioned, I’m going to check.

1 Like

You need to visit /admin/upgrade on your site and update to latest.

5 Likes

Thank you so much :heart: :wink:

1 Like

You have made me so happy today @Falco.

5 Likes

Added a pause on blur and some optimistic blocking filter for media with audio.

5 Likes

Seem to me to be a positive pausition to take.

5 Likes

Thanks added to my community

3 Likes

This is such a fun theme component. Added!

Thank you @Falco and @joffreyjaffeux

Well done!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Is there any way that instead of showing 8 gifs as a search result, there are 20, for example?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I want it to have infinite scroll of results on desktop, just don’t have the time to take it for a couple of days.

5 Likes