Discourse has been nominated for the 2023 20i FOSS awards! 🎉

We are very pleased to announce that Discourse is a nominee in the Community and Social category for the 2023 20i FOSS Awards! :partying_face:

For anyone who hasn’t heard of these awards before, here’s the low-down…

The 20i FOSS Awards are here to celebrate the contribution self-hosted Free Open Source Software makes to our lives every day.

From publishing new personal blog posts to managing an entire business, FOSS is the cornerstone for a lot of our daily creativity and productivity.

The quality of this free software also keeps hitting new heights. The 20i FOSS Awards are your chance to recognise all the hard work that goes in to developing the tools we rely on so much.

So, if you think Discourse has played a valuable part in your community don’t forget to follow the link and get your vote in. :slight_smile:

Update: And the winners were: :drum: :drum: :drum:

74 Likes

done!!

20 Likes

Looks like Discourse is currently winning by a lot:

Did my part, hopefully it’ll win.

18 Likes

Yes sir!

10 Likes

Flarum is already the second? It’s a bit of a surprise. When I looked at it yesterday, it was still third.

6 Likes

Let’s go !

voted!

Good luck

9 Likes

Done

11 Likes

Interesting the voting works without email/register, I wonder how they get to detect double voting… I don’t think IP/User-agent/Cookies is enough.

6 Likes

I’m unsure. It’s the third time I voted :smile: and every time, I wonder whether I’ve already voted.
The button is available again after some time or the first time using another browser.

7 Likes

Yeah haha, and probably all other candidates had their people double voted… I perosnally voted the second time using Tor browser :D. I don’t intent though to abuse it, just wonder what is their logic behind it. So time seems one variable…

6 Likes

I don’t think this award site has any value except for their operators.

1. It does not come from the free software community and does not link back to the presented software
  2. Its voting system is obviously slanted towards repeat visits and does not represent anyone’s choice or actual statistics beyond abusive behavior to cheat the results
  3. The objective of the site is to sell hosting services, not provide an impartial outlook

I think the @discourse team should not endorse such a scam and close this topic.

7 Likes

We actually have a really good relationship with 20i. We’re certainly not putting any pressure on anyone to vote if they don’t want to. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

great interview, thanks for sharing :clap:

8 Likes

I’m sorry to see that 20i is doing this poor voting system that will not be useful at all, except maybe self-serving. It would be good to add a sponsored tag or something.

5 Likes

Agreed! I enjoyed reading the interview! It’s nice to be reminded how all of our contributions to Discourse fit together.

I do agree this voting process is not ideal but it is also interesting to learn about all the nominees and to help spread the word about Discourse.

6 Likes

Oh, it’s not sponsored in any way.

5 Likes

Not any more … most odd!

4 Likes

I did the same, it looks close!

4 Likes

Yeah, nodeBB caught up!

4 Likes