Discourse is easy to use, and has only been improving ever since

Continuing the discussion from Am I the only non-sysop here?:

I wanted to say something about this forum. I’ve been mostly a non-sysop here for two years and got a chance to learn about the software. I realized I had not praised the forum yet, so here are my thoughts:

Interface & Experience

The interface was quite interesting, I had joined the forum back in April 4th, 2022 on Dark Gaming. Check the website out: Profile - twofoursixeight - Dark Gaming

Anyways, I joined when there was no sidebar yet. I was getting used to it. There was also no chats yet. Quite decent experience, but it only improved from there. I had joined this later that year, and the sidebar testing was going in beta. The forum I was in had the sidebar implemented too. I had been the main suggestor for forum features on the Dark Gaming Forum. They added a lot of things like the experimental usercards we have in Meta, and a couple of themes I suggested. I was also the reason a couple outside users were joining the forum.

Chat

Chat added the quick-paced messaging system into the forum. Great for a change of pace. Dark Gaming incorporated this after a suggestion. Then, I had joined another forum that heavily incorporated the chat, called the IO Games forum. And I had to say, the chat was quite used. They also removed personal messaging since most people used the chat DMs there.

Here, on Meta

I had came to this forum to get help on many subjects and report bugs. I had most certainly helped the development of the forum with my 105 topics. I had reported some bugs that would ruin the experience pf the forum, and they got squashed quite fast. I had also wrote a topic for this forum. Participation Counts!

STATS:

13.5K CHEERS
28 BUGS REPORTED
28 UX ISSUES REPORTED
6.5K GIVEN
737 RECEIVED
427 DAYS VISITED

Communities

Here to share some of my communities:

Summary

So these are my opinions on the forum from my two years of use. I also wanted to share some communities I was once in / in that used Discourse.

13 Likes

Discourse is more than easy to use, it facilitates thinking in a group.

3 Likes

Discourse is the coolest webapp I’ve ever seen and glad you like https://iogames.forum!

2 Likes