Discourse Reactions - Beyond Likes

Its is something like that trigger old notification to show again. just today again 4 days old notification showed up again like its a new notification, and some more old notifications.

like this:

user1 like your reply

few hours later

user1 like your reply - same notification.

I’m on Discourse 2.6.7 and the plugin is the latest from the GitHub repo, but still my list doesn’t have the new style.

@Ahmed_Gagan Do you know when the new UI got added and with which version of Discourse it should be visible?

2 Likes

Can you share the section in your app.yml showing what plugins are installed?

2 Likes

I listed them a few posts up.

I was browsing through the code looking for the JS warning I get ("component:emoji-value-list" was not found by modifyClass) and I saw that the new UI is part of 2.7.0, so I’ll just need to be patient and wait for the proper version release.

2 Likes

My apologies – hadn’t seen that!

Yes not having the site setting would impact that. The 2.7 release drops verrryyyy soon, so you won’t have to wait long :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2.7 is out now, so feel free to upgrade.

2 Likes

It seems super easy to accidentally give :heart: to a reply when we scroll the screen using our right hand on mobile. Is it possible to fix it?

1 Like

IMHO I think it is at a pretty nice place, I personally use meta alot with mobile and it never happened with me, But we can get @joffreyjaffeux opinion on this. If by chance you accidentally give a :heart: Reaction you can easily undo it.

Hello, amazing job :heart_eyes::heart: I watching this plugin for long time and I really want to see it on my site. I already ask our community about it and try to make a helpful reaction emoji set with them. I think we can do it better or more friendlier like other social media platforms. But it will find out when we use it in production.

We use the modern fakebook theme so on the topic list this is summerize the :heart: in topic. I believe the Topic List Thumbnails use the same.

Is that possible to summerize the reactions on the topic list page in the same way?

Thank you for the answers! :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a nice day! :heart:

1 Like

Hello again,

We activate it in our community. :slightly_smiling_face: Like it a lot! :heart:

I have one more question. Is that possible somehow hide the add reaction by group. I would like to hide it for new users and TL1 I think. That would be really great if this feature only be available to TL2 <. We afraid they will use it like on fb :confused: That would be really bad to the community.

I know we can hide the :heart: but we only want to hide the reactions if that possible.

Thank you so much for the response! :heart:

1 Like

It is not possible to add a reaction summary to the topic-list page.

At the moment all users are allowed to add the reaction to the post unless the post is made by them.

2 Likes