Discourse thinks it is upgrading but it is not

(Clay Heaton) #1

After an attempt to upgrade to v1.4.0.beta8 got stuck, I rebuilt the app, per some advice in a thread here. When the app rebuilt, it upgraded itself. However, Now I see this at my admin/upgrade screen:

Sadly, there’s no upgrade going on. Any idea how to fix this?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Same as many other responses here, ssh in and do the 3 line magic

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher app rebuild

(Clay Heaton) #3

Sorry if I wasn’t clear – the screens above are the result of me having done exactly what you suggested. Should I just do it again and hope the problem goes away?

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Odd, try clicking the reset upgrade button.

Is the version in view source correct, e.g. Latest?

(Clay Heaton) #5

So, interestingly, it didn’t work until I tried to rebuild the app again. This is what that looked like:

clayh@machine:~$ cd /var/discourse
clayh@machine:/var/discourse$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 5, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
remote: Total 5 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (5/5), done.
From https://github.com/discourse/discourse_docker
   0b73fae..9b102d5  master     -> origin/master
Updating 0b73fae..9b102d5
 image/discourse_test/Dockerfile | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
clayh@machine:/var/discourse$ ./launcher app rebuild
Config file was not found, ensure containers/rebuild.yml exists

Available configs ( app )

Following that, I hit the Reset Upgrade button and it upgraded as expected and all looks normal. Weird.

(Jeff Atwood) #6
./launcher rebuild app

Sorry, I got the terms backwards, I was typing that on iPhone – so you didn’t do a rebuild just then.

(Steve) #7

To confirm, it worked for me. I’m all set!

I was drawn in my the “magic” of this post and didn’t read down to the bottom to see the correction.