Upgrade failed - could use some help to try and fix using SSH

Yesterday I had an admin message about upgrades. From the web UI, I did the Docker upgrade first and this seemed to go well. After it finished, the upgrade button for Discourse was enabled and I initiated that. At some point something broke and now our site is down. I was on my phone at the time and I didn’t manage to look at the log carefully to see where exactly things broke, before

I’m currently pocking around over SSH and about to try ./launcher rebuild app to hopefully get a better idea about what exactly is the problem in the upgrade. I’ve never done Discourse command-line repair and I want to make sure that I don’t blow away our data. Looking over app.yml, I see that the container is stateless - great - and that all the data is on the host, accessed as a shared volume.

I ran discourse-doctor and it looks like disk space is not the issue. Will the rebuild app command touch the local data store?

Yes, do the ./launcher rebuild app that should do it. It will not blow away your data.

If you’d rather not to it yourself, please see Automatic Rebuilds When You Need Them.

2 Likes

Thanks, the rebuild seems to have worked - the GitHub avatars and favicon don’t show for some reason, though.

1 Like