Discourse Trust Levels for Discord

(Will) #24

That doesn’t sound like any of the developers I know (myself included)

(Alkaline Thunder) #25

Ehh, I guess my experience in .NET kinda showed there, usually I tend to find a NuGet package that does what I want before I try to do it myself lol. Though, I suppose it depends on the environment and what you’re trying to accomplish.

I do think that there are some features that a Discord bot could do a lot better than a webhook can (which is what the chat integration plugin uses), like getting notified of PMs through a Discord DM, being able to turn certain things on/off per-user/in your preferences, etc. Just not super sure how many people would use that - though, I also said that about trust levels in Discord before I posted this thread - and look where we are now :slight_smile:

(Will) #26

I’m a .NET/TypeScript developer myself. Our gaming guild has needed something like what you’re doing for a while now and I started looking into doing something similar to this myself a couple days before your first post.

Then you apparently just read our minds and started implementing or planning all the features we want so I was able to go back to playing Oxygen Not Included :slight_smile:

(Alkaline Thunder) #27

Heh - what are the chances? I’m a gamedev myself and I wanted to integrate my Discord guild with Discourse which is why I decided to implement it. I also wanted to dust off my Discord bot dev skills because I haven’t been able to really use them for anything practical until now.

(Alkaline Thunder) #28

Hey guys - just another small update.

• I fixed an issue where the bot generates sso links that call back to a URL on a different port than port 80/443 when running behind a reverse proxy, thus causing a timeout.

• We’re putting together a team to get this thing ported to a Discourse plugin. Should hopefully have an update on that in the next week or two. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
(Will) #29

Been a while, how goes the updating?

(Alkaline Thunder) #30

Project went a little dormant for a bit. I’ve been busy with school and also working on my game. My dual credit course is on a reading week this week though, so I have more time to work on things.

1 Like
(Daniel Nevoigt) #31

I am also waiting for that plugin, like a small chield waiting for his birthday gift :smiley:

2 Likes
(Alkaline Thunder) #32

Update guys: we’re beginning work on the plugin. The base structure is there, we’re working on the primary features for the discord integration now.

4 Likes
(Will) #33

Just checking, been a while, and making sure no developers were hit by the proverbial bus that we’re always talking about

1 Like
(Alkaline Thunder) #34

I haven’t heard much but I know @Sudaraka is working on implementing the bot. He’ll fill us in once he’s got a working version, and we’ll keep you guys in the loop.

7 Likes