DiscourseConnect Provider Questions

I am assuming the entries starting with “Verbose SSO log” are showing successful logins.

For the “google_oauth2”, “OAuth::Unauthorized”, and “facebook” errors, I’m not sure what is going on. Was your Discourse site previously configured to allow users to login via Google and Facebook? If so, they won’t be able to login to the site with those methods now that DiscourseConnect is enabled. Maybe try disabling Google and Facebook logins from your Discourse settings page.

For users who report errors with logging in, try to find a verbose SSO log error message that is associated with the user’s login attempt. Then see if the error matches any of the issues that are described in this topic: Debug and fixing common DiscourseConnect issues.

The URL shown in the browser’s address bar is https://projectvanlife.com/login/forum/javascript%3Avoid(0.

I’m assuming some of the javascript is being truncated and it’s actually intended to decode to javascript:void(0). I’m not sure where that would be coming from. Possibly from one of the user’s browser extensions. Try asking them to disable their browser extensions, or to try logging in from an incognito window.

Edit: @Sami_Syed the javascript:void(0) code is being appended to the path when the login page’s “Sign Up” link is clicked. That link’s href element is: "javascript%3Avoid(0)"

I guess that what it’s being used for is to have the signup form on the same path as the login form. Something is going wrong with it though. Do you know if this was working correctly before DiscourseConnect was enabled?

If the plugin that’s used for the login/signup forms has an option to have the signup form appear on a separate page, enabling that should work as a quick fix for the issue.

I’m going to be offline for most of today, but can try to help with this later on if you’re stuck.

Edit: I was puzzled about this, so had another look. The “Register” tab on the login form works without issues. The “Sign up” link has the issue I described above:

So the quick fix for the issue is to just remove the signup link.

2 Likes