🇸🇪 Discussion about Swedish translations

Hi!

Is it possible to have more than one translation of the same language , or have you limited it to one translation per language?

I recently became a member of a Discourse community in Sweden. I think the translation to Swedish is quite lacking. It follows the English language version closely, but it isn’t as human-friendly as I would like. Many words and phrases could be left as is (because they aren’t very important to the average user), but there also are many that needs changes to be easily understandable to someone new to the community world.

Best regards, Niklas

Why would you want to create another translation if you can improve the existing Swedish translation? I recommend you use this topic for a discussion with your fellow :sweden: Swedish translators before you start making radical changes at https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/language/sv/.

1 Like

Improvement is a subjective thing. What I, as a newcomer, think is an improvement might not be perceived so by someone used to the system. I believe the current translation, as well as the English original, is too brief and ”techie”, as if a programmer rather than an interface designer made it. The community that I’m a member of is aiming for a broad audience. I don’t think the interface is ready for that. This is why I’m asking.

Best regards, Niklas

I will take a look at the link you posted though. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s why I suggested the discussion with other Swedish translators.

You can customize all translations in /admin/customize/site_texts if you want to change it only for your community.

4 Likes

Thank you! That sounds like what I am looking for. :+1:t2: