Display user location (and custom field) on group members page

I’d like to be able to display the user location on the group members page. Also potentially a custom field, which displays organization affiliation. Is this something that others are interested in? Could it be handled by customizing the template?

The template affected here is:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/app/assets/javascripts/discourse/templates/group-index.hbs

To edit this template from a plugin would, I’m relatively sure, require overwriting the whole template, so it would be nicer to submit this as a PR.

I expect different organisations have different wants for what columns do display in the group page, so I think it would make sense to add a site setting which allows an admin to change what columns are displayed. Something like this:

my_organisation being the custom field there. From an ease-of-coding standpoint it might have to be something more like user_field:1.

I think that would best fit under site_settings/category/users. I’m happy to be corrected, though.

Would this be welcomed as a PR?

2 Likes

Is this possible through a theme component now? We’re interested in removing some columns and adding the ‘About me’ information from users’ profiles to the members table.

2 Likes

Any update on customization of group field display? We have an experts group and would like to be able to display bios and badges on the members page.

1 Like