Displaying Category Moderators on category page

Could be worth adding a group moderation team to the /about page in regards to particular categories (permissions of the group permitting). They would be listed below the other @staff if this made sense. Right now I see the @admin and @moderators listed there.

1 Like

Isn’t that already the case? I see #support Moderators listed here on Meta.

3 Likes

@jomaxro we see nothing

James asked about the /about page: https://meta.discourse.org/about. If you scroll past the admins (we have a few), you’ll see the support moderators.

If you want to see it above the category, I’d love to see a mockup.

3 Likes

It is displayed in About - Discourse Meta

I think that you are asking for a new feature, and one that I’d like too:

Show Category Moderators and Category Group access in the /c page

It would be very helpful to have these easily viewable by people who have permission to see the category. It would be similar to the /about page, but display category specific info instead.

6 Likes

@jomaxro mockup as requested

6 Likes

Thanks Gavin. What if a category has more than a few moderators?

4 Likes

how about something like this as it exist already, just need a bit of change

5 Likes

Great to know these peeps Group Moderators (as opposed to Moderators) already exist on /About. Is there anyway way to confirm who is which? I cannot tell on the Meta about page.

I’m curious because our forum does not specifically need Moderators, but we are hoping to have Group Moderators. Thanks for any further pointers!

3 Likes

Yeah, it makes it pretty obvious. Gets busy if you have moderators for multiple categories though.

4 Likes