Do I need Wordpress? Or Discourse can be my solution to ALL?

Hello, for the past few days, I’ve been going to bed with thoughts about Discourse. I have a strong desire to build a supportive community centered around the self-development niche. I possess a vast amount of incredible information that I’m eager to share.

But I’m not too sure about whether I should create a WordPress website with a Discourse forum or simply use the forum as the central hub for everything, including a blog, community hangout, and course archive. Which option would be smarter and more beneficial? Should I have a WordPress site for content, such as a blog and restricted-paywall content, and then use the forum for discussions? Or should I consolidate everything in one place using the Discourse forum? While WordPress is known for its versatility and robustness, all I really need is a platform to discuss and share information, with the ability to lock certain content for premium or paid members. The only downside I can think of is the potential impact on SEO. What are your thoughts on this?

Discourse is highly customizable. If you have some technical skills—or just have the time to browse through enough plugin and theme-component topics, I believe discourse can be a solution to all. In fact, I’m trying to do so on my discourse forum.

3 Likes

Welcome roman :slight_smile:

Discourse is a forum engine, so it’s meant to discuss and share information. :slight_smile:

There’s an official plugin that would achieve this:

You may find this topic interesting to read:

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. I’ve made the decision to go with Discourse and utilize Carrd to construct landing pages for collecting email addresses.

4 Likes