Do not allow chat uploads if secure_uploads is enabled

Continuing the discussion from 2.9.0.beta9: Security fix, bug fixes and more:

Why is this disallowed? In earlier versions it seemed to work fine with secure media.

1 Like

Secure Uploads in Chat aren’t supported at the minute, so it made that setting a little misleading. There’s more detailed info in the commit itself, as well as a workaround if you have server access: :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @JammyDodger . Just noting as well that I am queued up on making secure media work with more areas, including chat, later in the year.

6 Likes

Just a kind reminder that secure media is important and useful for some Discourse users :pray:

3 Likes

This is definitely not forgotten, I am the one that will be working on this compatibility, I just have many other things on my plate. Will post updates here when they are ready :+1:

5 Likes

Sorry for being annoying about this, perhaps once every 6 month I can send a request to bump this into priority :blush:

2 Likes

6 months have passed and It’s me again :yum:
Please allow uploads to chat when secure_uploads is enabled :pray:
See you in 6 months :heart:

4 Likes

In a recent Discourse update, thumbnail preview of images uploaded in chat is broken when secure-uploads is enabled.

I know “This condition can be overridden with DISCOURSE_ALLOW_UNSECURE_CHAT_UPLOADS at operator risk”, but I wonder if there’s any temporary solution for it? @martin

1 Like