Dynamic sidebar plugin

It seems that one can’t use javascript code as the sidebar content. is that so?

When I put <script> in the content, it is not run.

1 Like

Hi, @Pad_Pors! As I mentioned before:

In addition, perhaps this new plugin can suit to your needs:

2 Likes

does the plugin works with the new update of discourse?

I just updated the plugin for Ember 2.x. It will work on the latest version of Discourse if you use this fork.

5 Likes

Can we have more effect showing pictures?

I really want editable or automatic sidebars.

Like we can have a calendar showing the important things.

This is a Chinese Website which has Calendar and the activities just happened or about to happen.

Also we can have advertisement showing like blew.

If we can have the editable sidebar for ad presentation, it would be much easier to fund the forum.

The plugin not working on my site, when am installing it the website is going into a blank white page !!

Have you tried this?

4 Likes

i will try to see…

Thanks a lot, worked fine.

1 Like

There seems to be many different sidebar plugins and theme components. Is there one where I can move my mouse to the left/ridge edge to pop-up a sidebar that displays all the topics in the current category?

1 Like

I want to show a side bar on my single topic view pages and want to keep it fixed even when user scrolls down, can i achieve it with this or i need something else? i want to show my sidebar above the right side of top of topic timeline/lifeline slider.

1 Like

Cool plugin. Do you think it would be possible to show the bookmarked topics on that dynamic sidebar? Thanks!

Looks like the repo is 404 and the company website linked in the OP does not exist?

1 Like

Can I recommend you look at the Layouts Plugin?:

Someone built a Layouts compatible widget to do this at one point, but it’s likely to need modernising (as Layouts switched widgets from being plugins to Theme Components):

https://meta.discourse.org/t/bookmark-widget-plugin/61704?u=merefield

You could ask the author or a freelancer to do this for you (or approach us directly) if you have budget.

2 Likes