Two things that are broken:
- Editing a deleted topic gives you a modal which is blank.
- The post on the page is updated with the edit changes, but these changes are not on the server.
Steps to replicate:
- Create a new topic.
- Delete that topic.
- Edit the post.
- Notice a blank modal appears when you hit save.
- Undelete the post.
- Notice the changes you made in your edit appear to be live.
- Hit F5 to see that the edits you made were not saved.
- The modal after editing your deleted post should say “your edits cannot be saved”.
- The post’s content on your screen should not be updated.
Alternatively the forum could just allow changes to deleted topics and not show a modal.
I can replicate this on my own forum, I attempted to do it on sandbox too but I can’t delete my topics there so I wasn’t able.
Editing a deleted post doesn’t give a modal, and does seem to update the real post.